Thursday 27 December 2012

In Focus: Charnos 60 Denier Opaque Tights

Hi Creative and Fashionable people!

It's been some time since I did a review on the hosiery and after taking a few days leave from work for the this festive season, I'm finally able to do a review! For past few weeks I have received 3 pairs of Charnos 60 Denier 60 denier Opaque Tights sized XL with 3 different colours, Navy, Chocolate and Bottle Green. You may wonder why did I order so many pairs.. well firstly it is one of the "cheaper" ones and sized much more generously and under the "Men" section of Tightsplease(where I got them from).

 


As soon as I received them I realised that they were packed like the cotton socks I buy at a departmental store, and one of the trademarks of good hosiery is that they smell good in their package and boy did they smell good! One of the things I realised are that when they are being unwrapped, and when the "legs" dropped down... they don't seem very long and I thought it wouldn't be a good sign.. but when I slide them on.. the first thing I felt wasn't whether it fitted me well or not but the glide up my legs were so smooth! The sensation of putting them on was great! It was pretty much the first time I have worn hose that felt like that! And thank God that the they weren't that short and it could go up way up my navel! The opacity coverage was pretty even, the stretch begins at the heel and the kneecap area but the stretch would mostly on appear when you're sitting down, opacity is pretty uniformed when you're standing or walking. There is a matte finish to these tights with 3D Lycra that makes the fit perfect and comfortable Here are some styles I have came up with my own wardrobe! 


Shirt: ARNOLD PALMER JEANS  Shorts: THOMAS SMITH  Shoes: NORTH STAR  Glasses: H&M  Legwear: CHARNOS Model & Photographer:  A. LUCIUS. KUNSTWERKE FABRIK


Shirt: UNIQLO  Pants: UNIQLO  Shoes: TOPMAN  Hat: BHG Glasses: H&M  Legwear: CHARNOS Model & Photographer:  A. LUCIUS. KUNSTWERKE FABRIK


Shirt: NEWLOOK  Shorts: UNIQLO  Shoes: NORTH STAR  Shades: H&M  Legwear: CHARNOS Model & Photographer:  A. LUCIUS. KUNSTWERKE FABRIK

Price: GBP 4.20 (Usually 6.00 because of a Ultimate Christmas Sale at Tightsplease)

Material content: 89% Nylon 10% Lycra & 1% Cotton

Sizes offered: S to XL

Colours: Black, Aubergine, Grey, Berry, Navy, Chocolate, Bottle Green(Tightsplease offering) Red, Forest Green, Purple, Petrol, Fuchsia & Teal

Pros: Smooth, Easy to wear, Comfortable, Not too hot to wear in a warm climate but also good for wear in a cold climate, Very generous in size, Economical, Many colours to choose from & Flat seamed

Cons: Fabric can easily get caught by various elements(Make sure you wear gloves when putting them on.) & Waistband has tendency to drop when you wear them throughout the day.


http://www.tightsplease.co.uk/brands/charnos/60-denier-opaque-tights/

Overall I am very pleased with the Charnos 60 Denier Opaque Tights, I give it a rating out 4.5 out of 5 stars. I would most likely buy them again when I run out of them!

They also make a great replacement for work socks under long pants. However I only recommend that for the colder days.

Thanks for reading!
Andreas Lucius Loh

No comments:

Post a Comment